Get more creative today!
If you have come to a creative standstill, here are a list of 20 things for you to try to get you back into the zone.
- Don’t be too focused or serious… relax, have fun!
- Work with people who are different from yourself
- Work on problems at the fringes of your speciality
- Have a good laugh before looking at the problem
- Paint your walls blue
- Smoke a little marijuana (no kidding!)
- Think like a child
- Practice day-dreaming
- Try to rotate yourself through your business, periodically
- If you’re a “day person”, think about the problem at night (and vice versa)
- Piggyback on other people’s experiences (and vice versa)
- Think about the problem when you’re drowsy
- Re-state the problem in general terms (not specific)
- Pretend you’re far away from the problem
- Don’t sit in a small room
- Go for long walks
- Take long, hot showers
- Have a diverse circle of friends
- Travel a lot
- Be happy!
Click on the image above for more information about the book
From the bestselling author of How We Decide comes a sparkling and revelatory look at the new science of creativity. Shattering the myth of muses, higher powers, even creative “types,” Jonah Lehrer demonstrates that creativity is not a single “gift” possessed by the lucky few.